The mission of the Arizona Association of Community College Trustees is to provide collaboration among Arizona’s community colleges governing boards and with the Arizona Community College Coordinating Council.
Working to ensure broad access to high-quality education and training so that all Arizonans can achieve their post-secondary education and training goals, complete a degree or certificate and/or transfer to a university.
The purpose is to provide professional development, to provide a forum for discussion, and to advocate for an excellent, student success focused, accessible and affordable Arizona community college system.
Organization and Communication
Create a functional AACCT organization through reorganization and up-to-date bylaws.
Provide opportunities for the exchange of ideas, information, and best practices between District Governing Boards.
Organize, encourage and facilitate participation in state, regional and national conferences and events.
Plan, develop, deliver, and evaluate educational programs designed to assist District Governing Board members in understanding and carrying out their responsibilities.
Represent the interests and concerns of District Governing Boards (DGBs), in coordination with AC4, on issues pending before the Arizona State Legislature.
Represent the interests and concerns of District Governing Boards (DGBs), in coordination with AC4, on issues, legislation and community college advocacy pending before Congress.
Director – David Borofsky, Ed. D.
Trustees on AACCT Board
- Arizona Western College – Maria Chavoya, Treasurer
- Central Arizona College – Dr. David Odiorne
- Cochise College – Tim Quinn
- Coconino Community College – Joey Smith
- Eastern Arizona College – Lois Ann Moody
- Maricopa Community Colleges – Marie Sullivan
- Mohave Community College – Susan McAlpine
- Northland Pioneer College –Ms. Kristine Laughter
- Pima Community College – Demion Clinco, Chair
- Yavapai College – Deb McCasland, Secretary